Who We Are
bc211 is a Vancouver-based nonprofit organization that specializes in providing information and referral regarding community, government and social services in BC. Our help line services include 211, the Alcohol and Drug Information and Referral Service (ADIRS), the Problem Gambling Help Line, VictimLink BC, and the Youth Against Violence Line.
We also offer training to service providers and community members on various topics, produce the twice-daily Shelter List, create customized data products, and operate the Red Book Online searchable directory of resources.
Strengthening communities by connecting people with the help they need
Providing access to community, government and social services
SERVICE: We work as a community to serve community
INTEGRITY: We serve clients with respect
INNOVATION: We seek solutions for tomorrow
In support of these statements, bc211 is committed to:
- Operating information and referral services in Greater Vancouver and British Columbia by providing information on, and referring persons to government, private or community services and resources.
- Providing special services relating to information and referral for the public or for particular parties, whether or not with charge, or on a contract basis or for a fee.
- Assisting and co-operating in the provision and development of information and referral and community communications services in British Columbia.
- Carrying out public education and encouraging group and individual self-development in the matter of developing access to information.
- Supporting just access to information on government, private or community services.